ISDR SUMMIT 2022 - ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
Application for e-visa is very simple. It is done online via the official MFA Turkey website: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ It is instantly approved once you submit the information about your upcoming travel to the Summit. Make sure you use this website only, because there are other third-party websites that will charge you to use them. An e-visa cost is approx. $50 USD. The address of the hotel is the following: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar, Address: Cihangir, D-100 Güney Yan Yolu No:289, 34310 Avcilar/Istanbul, Turkey
We recommend that you purchase your flight tickets as soon as possible for your participation to be fully confirmed.
Once booked, fill out the Participant Confirmation form at: https://forms.gle/T9iqL2atnhXQGbYQ9
Airport of arrival:
Istanbul International Airport code: IST
Note: There are other airports in Istanbul, so please make sure your flight arrives on this airport. This is the only airport that we will arrange pickup from and only for Full Experience and delegates and Speakers. You can book a flight on another airport in which case you’ll be responsible to arrive on your own to the hotel. Instructions to arrive on your own are provided below.
Arrival date: December 1st by maximum 5 PM.
Airport pickup is available only for Full Experience on December 1st at IST Airport. Registration and hotel check-in starts on December 1st, 2022. Welcome ceremony begins at 7 PM on December 1st.
*If your airplane does not arrive on time by Dec 1st 5 PM, then you might want to look into arriving a day earlier on November 30th, 2022. In this case, please make sure you specify the date of your arrival as Nov 30 in the Participation confirmation form, and then email our team to make necessary arrangements and book an extra night stay for you. Please note that there is a $70/person/night charge for extra nights.
All the benefits from the general experience ticket PLUS these Extras:
- 4 Nights Accommodation in a 5* Hotel – Double Shared Room
- All Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner throughout your stay
- Transfer From & To New Istanbul Airport
- Day 4: Tour of Istanbul and Access to VIP Dinner Night Gala
- USIDHR Lapel Pin 100% Gold Plated
- Letter of Invitation
- Conference Entrance – Live 3 Day In-person Sessions and Certification of Achievement
- Access to All Networking Sessions & EXPO Pavilion
- Deluxe Event Bag with Personalized Notebook & Conference Materials
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Luncheon for Each Day of the Event
- Certificate of Achievement – Disability Rights Advocate by USIHDR
- If you purchased a Full experience package or are you an invited Speaker, then airport transfer has been arranged for you on November 30th and December 1st by 5 PM Istanbul local time and only from IST Istanbul International Airport. If you’re not a Full experience or speaker attendee, not arriving on Nov 30 or Dec.1st by 5 PM, or not arriving on IST Airport, you’re responsible for arriving to the hotel. In this case, we provided you with the instructions below at the end of this section.
- Upon arrival to airport you will be directed to the arrivals area where you will clear Immigration. Present your passport and visa/e-visa (if needed) at the Immigration officer. At all times, make sure you keep your travel documents close to you. IST airport is a huge airport and you can easily lose them. Keep all your belongings close by. There are restrooms inside the baggage claim area. Be sure to stop if needed as there are no restrooms outside the terminal area. The ride to Hotel Double Tree Hilton Istanbul Avcilar is approximately 45 minutes.
- After you pass immigrations, collect your baggage from the appropriate location
- Exit the secure area from GATE 13! Please do not exit from another gate as you won’t be able to see our arranged transport. Below is an illustration of your airport arrival and steps you need to take.
Once you exit Gate 13, you will see many people with signs. Look for a sign that says ISDR Summit 2022 like in the example below:
Important: DO NOT stop at the Tourist Information kiosk, or make eye contact with any of the friendly time share sellers that will offer you anything from a free stay, free transportation, excursions etc. It’s very difficult to escape them if you engage with them.
We have exclusive shuttle service for full experience that arrive on December 1st and only from Istanbul New Airport (IST)
If you are arriving in Istanbul and staying at a different hotel prior to Hotel Double Tree Hilton Avcilar, you will need to make your own arrangements to go to Hotel Double Tree Hilton Avcilar, as it is not possible to access the secure arrivals area in the Istanbul airport once you have departed this area.
For general attendees and for those arriving on other dates than December 1st by 5 PM, you’ll have to find your own way to arrive to the Double Tree by Hilton Avcilar hotel. For these reasons, we created the instructions below to help you arrive at the hotel from the Istanbul (IST) airport.
Option 1: Airport Shuttle (IST)
For general attendees and for those arriving on other dates than November 30 and December 1st by 5 PM, you’ll have to find your own way to arrive to the Double Tree by Hilton Avcilar hotel. There are various options to travel by airport shuttle, bus, taxi or Uber.
The address of the hotel is the following: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar, Address: Cihangir, D-100 Güney Yan Yolu No:289, 34310 Avcilar/Istanbul, Turkey
Note: In order to use public transport, you must use Turkish Lira. If you don’t have Turkish Liras on you, use one of the many ATMs in the airport to withdraw some cash. Most of the transportation options mentioned below will not accept credit cards or foreign currencies. In the airport you will see exchanges, if you have foreign currency you can exchange this into Turkish Lira.
Make sure you have some Turkish Lira, carry a maximum of 100 Turkish Lira that you will only use in emergencies, this is around $7 USD. For a one-way ticket, the price is between 32-40 Turkish Lira, which is equivalent to around $2.89 dollars.
Once you arrived safely, there are two exits from the airport, one is exit number 13, the other is exit number 9. The best exit is exit 9 as it is very close to the shuttle bus area. You can ask the airport security to direct you to shuttle or exist 9. Once you come outside, take the elevators and press on -2 (Minus two) then you will see the shuttle bus written on HAVAIST (scroll below to see a picture)
There are current HAVAIST Routes. HAVAIST has 10 lines with numbers.
All Havaist lines are:
HVIST-5, HVIST-6, HVIST-8, HVIST-9, HVIST-10, HVIST-12, HVIST-13, HVIST-14, HVIST-15 and HVIST-16.
The one for AVCILAR (the area where the hotel is) is written on (HVIST-9 Avcilar), when you come to stand 9, ask the people or the workers at Havaist where you can purchase a ticket, they will tell you.
When you take the ticket go to number 9 which has a sign saying AVCILAR, all the buses have the destination written on them. You must go to AVCILAR area.
If you are at stand 9 your bus should have AVCILAR written on the front lights, mention to the driver that you want to get to Avcilar Center (in Turkish this is AVCILAR MEYDAN). When you have arrived safely in Avcilar, you will see a taxi rank there. If you are unfamiliar with Istanbul, a taxi is the easiest way to get to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar. Tell the driver the name of the hotel, the cost will be between 20 and 30 Turkish Lira, around $2.17 plus tips.
Havaist buses are recognizable and look like the photo above.
You can take HAVAIST Bus from New Istanbul Airport’s Arrival Terminal, close to exit 9.
* HAVAIST Bus passenger capacity is 46. Standing passengers are not accepted.
* Just wait at the stop, and when the bus arrives, get on and pay the ticket price inside the bus.
* If you can’t take the bus due to the amount of passengers, than you’ll have to wait for the next bus.
HAVAIST TICKET PRICE
* HAVAIST average one way ticket price is between 45-60 TL. Check above the ticket prices for all the HAVAIST lines. Kids between 0-5 age are free of charge
HOW TO PAY?
* You can pay by credit or debit card inside the vehicle. You can also pay HAVAIST bus via the QR Code online through Havaist Mobile App or Website.
* If paying cash, you can buy QR code tickets at the HAVAIST stops and at the airport office.
Notice: Please double check the HAVAIST routes, timetables, trip fares and payment options from HAVAIST’s official website on hava.ist as all changes frequently due to the pandemic situation.
Option 2: Taxi
When you arrived safely at Istanbul Airport, you can also take a Taxi from the airport to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar.
The average cost money from Istanbul airport to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar is 600-800 Turkish Lira which is the equivalent to $60.
So, at this time make sure that you have to speak to the taxi driver, give him the hotel address, and say you have only 800 TURKISH LIRA. They will either accept of refuse.
If this individual refuses, then you will need to search for another taxi, but you will eventually find the right person.
The hotel address is: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul – Avcilar, Address: Cihangir, D-100 Güney Yan Yolu No:289, 34310 Avcılar/İstanbul, Turkey
Registration takes place on December 1st, 2022 for full-experience delegates
- from 8 AM to 4 PM (Hotel lobby)
- after 4 PM (-2 level, Ballroom)
For General attendees Registrations begins at 5 PM (-2 level, Ballroom)
** Some guests are arriving on November 30th. You should have already filled out the confirmation form to let us know you’re arriving a day early. In this case, our staff has already been informed to wait you in the lobby. Note that guests arriving before November 30th will have to find their own accommodations as we are not receiving before then.
To ensure a smooth check-in, please make sure you complete the Summit Confirmation form by November 15th to let us know when to expect you: https://forms.gle/yjcEQqokbzpcANhE7
Full Experience Registration for hotel guests is done as soon as you arrive from the airport. Our team will do the check-in into the hotel and registration. Please note you have to register with the team, and not the hotel front desk as rooms have already been assigned and paid for you. No room changes are allowed upon arrival.
When you arrive from the airport and if within registration hours, come meet our team members in the Lobby area.
If you arrive outside registration hours, use the group chat to contact a staff member that will come to check you in.
When you arrive at Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Avcilar please come to the lobby area and not the front desk to complete your registration. At check in you will complete a check in form and present your passport. You will be provided with your Summit badge and bracelet. It is important to wear that bracelet starting from the moment you arrive until you depart as that bracelet will give you access to all areas of the conference hotel and the off site activities.
You will be given one room key and the other will be given to your roommate. DO NOT lose this key.
In keeping with the applicable laws in the host country and our responsibility as hosts, USIDHR leadership and Avcilar Municipality has decided that all participants at the in-person International Summit on Disability Rights 2022, whether a presenter, attendee, exhibitor, staff, guest, or vendor will be required to be vaccinated with 2 dose or present a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the start day of the conference.
A vaccination card or COVID-19 test will have to be provided during registration for the conference and/or during Check-in at the conference hotel. Failure to present such documentation as requested will result in your non-acceptance to attend the Summit and no refund of your Summit ticket.
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Pillow menu
- Down comforter
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Soundproofed rooms
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Rainfall showerhead
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Free newspaper
- Free WiFi
- Free bottled water
- 42-inch LCD TV
- Pay films
- Premium TV channels
- MP3 docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Spa. Sardes has 3 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic.The spa is equipped with a sauna and Turkish bath/hammam.
- Beach sunloungers
- Indoor pool
- Fitness facilities
- Steam room
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free newspapers in lobby
You may cancel your registration and receive a full refund by November 1st or 30 days or more before the conference. Within 30 days of the conference, our usual cancellation policy will apply. Any registrants exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed to COVID-19 within 15 days of the conference must cancel their registration or transfer it to another person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In keeping with the applicable laws in the host country and our responsibility as host, USIDHR leadership has decided that all participants at the in-person International Summit on Disability Rights 2022, whether a presenter, attendee, exhibitor, staff, guest, or vendor will be required to be fully vaccinated or present a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the start day of the conference.
A vaccination card or COVID-19 test will have to be provided during registration for the conference and/or during Check-in at the conference hotel. Failure to present such documentation as requested will result in your non-acceptance to attend the Summit and non-refund of your Summit ticket.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Important information about your vacation:
PLEASE NOTE: It is the personal responsibility of each international traveler to ensure that they have the correct documents for entry into each country on their itinerary as well as for re-entry into their returning country. Passports are required for all international travel. When packing your carry on bag, be sure to adhere to the rules regarding traveling with liquids in your carry on. Liquids and gels can not exceed 3 oz. and must be placed together, is a clear, quart size zip lock, or airline approved that can be removed from your bag for inspection.
We recommend you take a COVID test prior to flying outside of your country.
- Hotel check in time is 8 AM to 7 PM. Pack a change of clothing and anything you need urgently in your hand luggage.
- You may be required to present a major credit card upon check in for incidental purchases.
- Leave excess credit cards such as store cards at home. Always have some small denominations of bills handy for tips along the way.
- The currency in Turkey is Turkish Lira. You will need to carry some cash for emergencies.
- Important medicines, jewellery, and expensive electronics should be carried in your hand luggage.
- Keep all valuable and important documents in the safe in your room.
- If you require daily medication, pack at least 7 days extra supply in case there is a delay in your return.
- Check with your airline before leaving for the airport to verify any last minute changes or delays.
- Make sure to monitor your mobile phone usage if your cellular provider does not allow you data freely in Turkey. There is WIFI at the hotel you can use to make calls.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) and a hat. Excessive sun exposure has ruined many vacations.
When packing, keep in mind that there is a Business dress code for the conference days
Before leaving your country, we recommend checking the requirements from the Turkish Government for entry into Turkey. You can use this website from Turkish Airlines: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/travel-restrictions/
Check-out will be on December 5th from 10-11 am at the front desk, all you do is hand in your key to the front desk.
For full-experience package, we will be running airport transfers on December 5th and only to IST Airport.
2022 ISDR AGENDA