We are looking for a highly motivated individual who would like to join our team. You must be passionate about Human Rights and willing to learn and grow. This role would be suitable for an outgoing, committed, and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Human Rights.
Period of Internship: Sep-Nov 2021
Internship is 10-12 weeks and done remotely.
This is an unpaid internship, but interns get the opportunity to enroll for free in our Diplomatic Protocol Training (valued at $2500) and our Human Rights Consultant Training (valued at $1997) and get certified by US Institute of Diplomacy and Human Rights. Also, upon successful completion of the internship, interns will receive a certificate of internship and a letter of recommendation that can be used to apply for jobs, college or other internship opportunities.
- The overall aim is to raise the profile of the institution
- Write and release official press statements for the organization
- Stay up to date with world events which would require statements from us
- Effectively utilize our social media accounts and promote blog posts
- Assist in administrative duties
- Support communications with our audience through our social media channels and increase our online presence
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of media content on issues important to our institution, i.e. our Chance to Study Program.
- Draft and publish press releases
- Help to produce communication materials for our programs and training courses, including press releases and social media posts
- Fill in a timesheet and keep track of your journey and progression during your internship
- Support us in addressing current challenges and how we can work through these (i.e. COVID-19)
Required skills and eligibility:
- Minimum 2 years of experience using social media for marketing purposes.
- High-level of written English, digital literacy and IT skills.
- Comfortable with ensuring content is appropriate for our brand.
- Up-to-date with current trends/developments in communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Critical Thinking.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the field of human rights and diplomacy and have a personal commitment to the ideals of a better and peaceful world
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent writing and communication level
- Passionate about communicating the message of our institute
- Willingness to learn and be guided.
- High-level writing skills
- Prior experience as a PR or Press Officer desirable but not mandatory
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree
Those interested in the internship, please fill out the form below.
NOTE: A complete application is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacte