We are looking for a highly motivated individual who would like to join our team. You must be passionate about Human Rights and willing to learn and grow. This role would be suitable for an outgoing, committed, and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Human Rights.
Period of Internship: September-November 2021
Internship is 12 weeks and done remotely.
This is an unpaid internship, but interns get the opportunity to enroll for free in our Diplomatic Protocol Training (valued at $2500) and our Human Rights Consultant Training (valued at $1997) and get certified by US Institute of Diplomacy and Human Rights. Also, upon successful completion of the internship, interns will receive a certificate of internship and a letter of recommendation that can be used to apply for jobs, college or other internship opportunities.
The Research Assistant Intern will assist USIDHR with a range of investigative tasks, social media content creation, and blog writing to increase the organization’s visibility. The following responsibilities can be adapted, as appropriate, to fit each intern.
- Research and write blog posts and articles for our website.
- Maintain and prepare website materials
- Research topics that impact our organization
- Research fundraising options for our programs
- Produce reports on how the organization is performing, i.e how much traffic we generate on social media posts
- BA Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e. Sociology)
- Excellent level of written English and Communication Skills
- Experience in blog writing or professional writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Critical thinking
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the field of human rights and diplomacy and have a personal commitment to the ideals of a better and peaceful world.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree
Those interested in the internship, please fill out the form below.
NOTE: A complete application is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted