Social Media Officer
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who would like to join our team. You must be passionate about Human Rights and willing to learn and grow. This role would be suitable for an outgoing, committed, and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Human Rights.
Period of Internship: Sep-Nov 2021
Internship is 12 weeks.
This is an unpaid internship, but interns get the opportunity to enroll for free in our Diplomatic Protocol Training (valued at $2500) and our Human Rights Consultant Training (valued at $1997) and get certified by US Institute of Diplomacy and Human Rights. Also, upon successful completion of the internship, interns will receive a certificate of internship and a letter of recommendation that can be used to apply for jobs, college or other internship opportunities.
The Social Media Officer Intern will assist USIDHR with a range of strategic communications, public information and multimedia tasks to raise the organization’s visibility on all our social media platforms. The following responsibilities can be adapted, as appropriate, to fit each intern.
- Manage daily posts to our Facebook & Instagram using Tailwind, manage Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ensuring our social media pages gain a high level of interaction and support.
- Assist in the organization and execution of fundraisers, campaigns, projects of USIDHR and promote them online
- Post in relevant groups regarding our organization and help us grow
- Encourage our volunteers to increase our social media activity
- Create infographic posts in Canva.
- Gather statistics about how many people our posts are reaching and help develop strategies to expand our audience.
Required skills and eligibility:
- Minimum 2 years of experience using social media for marketing purposes.
- High-level of written English, digital literacy and IT skills.
- Comfortable with ensuring content is appropriate for our brand.
- Up-to-date with current trends/developments in communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Critical Thinking.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the field of human rights and diplomacy and have a personal commitment to the ideals of a better and peaceful world.
- Knowledge of Canva and Tailwind applications.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree
Those interested in the Social Media Officer internship, please fill out the form below.
NOTE: A complete application is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted